Insurance Coverages in Mexico are required for all vehicles, including rental vehicles. US civil liability insurance, as well as collision insurance, is not valid in Mexico, nor any coverage issued by US companies. If the lessee has coverage for damages to third parties through a banking institution or personal insurance policy, it must specifically indicate in writing that it applies for rental vehicles and specifically for Mexico, which must be in force. In the event of an accident, it is highly recommended to have a third party damage insurance issued and valid in Mexico. The lessee accepts that a charge corresponding to said coverage will be applied to his credit card according to the type of coverage contracted. More information at http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/mexico.html
If declined, an additional charge card hold of $2,500 USD applies. Plus, the customer will be responsible for up to the full value of the vehicle.
Additional coverage may be available at the counter, check with the reservation center or the counter prior to the rental.
Requirements to Rent a Vehicle with Budget Mexico.
The driver of the rented vehicle must have the following documentation at the time of signing the lease:
- Current driver's license.
- All foreign travelers require a passport, as well as a driving license.
- Drivers must have an unexpired driver's license and an ID with a picture at the time of rental.
- Drivers can rent a vehicle with an international driver's license.
- Main driver and all additional drivers must be able to present an unexpired driver's license valid at the time of rental.
- The license must be issued from the State / Province where you currently live.
- For international travelers:
- If your driver's license is not in the Roman alphabet (that is, if it is in Arabic, Greek, Russian or Chinese) you must bring an international driving license and your national license.
- Have a credit card (Visa or MasterCard), with funds, sufficient line and available to request a bank authorization; the amount will be based on the estimated total charges for the rental, considering the level of responsibility acquired by the lessee in relation to the commercial value of the rented vehicle.
- Ages between 18 and 75 years old.
- In case of requiring an additional driver in the contract, it will cost $100.00 MXN per day plus taxes whether they are Mexican or foreign.They will be asked to present an official identification with a photograph and/or passport, as well as a valid driver's license. The documents described above must be issued in favor of the person who is renting and will drive the vehicle.
We accept different payment methods. Be sure to read the different options available for you.
1. Credit Cards. We accept MasterCard and Visa (no debit, prepaid or virtual cards) in all of our locations. Your credit card must be presented at the time of rental. Make sure your credit card has credit available. The signature on the back must match the name printed on the card and the signature on the rental agreement.
2. Debit Card. At the end of the rental, you can choose to pay with a debit card. The signature on the back must match the name printed on the card and the signature on your official ID. General Rental Policies
Additional Charges and Services
- All Budget Mexico rentals are valid for 24 hours after the reservation is made.
- Reservations are guaranteed for a maximum period of 1 hour (60 minutes) from the time recorded.
- The maximum allowable time upon returning the vehicle to not generate additional charges will be 59 minutes after the hour marked on your rental contract as "Time of Return". If not, Budget Mexico will apply a charge equal to one-third of the contracted rate, if the vehicle is returned between the 1st and 2nd hours after the hour marked as a return, from the 3rd extra hour, a charge for an extra day will be charged.
- Coverages and additional services are not fractional and will be charged at 100% from the first extra minute.
- Budget Mexico vehicles are not authorized to cross borders and leave the national territory. In the event that the lessee wishes to cross the northern border of Mexico to the United States of America, the lessee is obliged to notify previously in writing to Budget Mexico and must have the permit issued by the competent authority in Mexico and make special notification by written to Budget Mexico and the respective insurance coverage contracted.
- The vehicle cannot cross the southern border of Mexico.
- Budget México reserves the right to decline the reservation and therefore the rental of the vehicle if the renter does not meet the necessary requirements.
- The level of fuel with which the renter receives the vehicle will be clearly marked on his/her rental agreement. To avoid additional charges for fuel, the renter must return the vehicle with the same fuel level as the one delivered. The Budget Mexico staff at the rental offices will inform the renter regarding the fuel service fee that will apply in the event that the renter returns the vehicle with a lower level of fuel than that received at the beginning of the lease.
- If the vehicle is returned to a city other than the one rented, a charge of "Drop-Off" (distance between cities) will be charged. For more information, contact our Reservation Center at 01 (800) 002-8343.
- A total of 18% will be added to all our rental contracts generated at the airports for the "Airport Fee" or "Concession Recovery" as applicable.
- DSA ($12.42 MXN per day) covers all charges that derive from the registration and governmental control of vehicles.
- Child Safety Seats; the use of baby seats or child seats is an essential safety feature that can prevent injuries and even serious accidents when traveling in a car with small children. Our child seats are ideal for 4-7 years (15-30kgs). Not all of our locations offer child seats. We recommend that you check availability. Child seats cost $180.00 MXN + taxes per day.
- GPS; the navigation system is required to be reserved 24 hours in advance. The navigation system is subject to availability. Not all of our locations offer GPS service. GPS costs $270.00 MXN + taxes per day.
Contact our Call Center and/or the Customer Service Department; a travel consultant will provide you with more details of all our additional services. Toll free in Mexico: 01800.002.8343 USA & Canada +1800.801.0365. Additional services are subject to change without notice. Please check availability at the time of your rental. Prepayments - Terms and Conditions
Prepayment Cancellation Policy.
- The payment of rentals through a prepaid method does not exempt the renter from presenting the same credit card with which the payment was made at the time of rental of the vehicle., The card must have credit available at the time of renting. Carry out the withholdings corresponding to the selected protection.
- It is mandatory to present a physical copy of the prepaid confirmation issued by Budget Mexico website at the time of confirming your reservation.
- The renter must comply with all the terms and conditions to be able to make the rental of a vehicle with Budget Mexico even though he/she has prepaid for the rental. Budget Mexico reserves the right to decline the reservation and therefore the rental of the vehicle if the renter does not meet the necessary requirements to carry out the operation.
- Cancellations received up to 72 hours before the rental date will incur a 25% charge on the prepaid amount.
- Cancellations received between 72 and 24 hrs on the date of rental, will cause a charge of 75% on the prepaid amount.
- The amounts made by the lessee through the prepaid scheme are not reimbursable in the following cases:
- When the tenant does not show up at the Budget Mexico counter the day and time set for the rental of the vehicle.
- When there were modifications on rental days and / or initial conditions of the reservation, there may be portions of days not used.
- When the client does not meet the rental requirements.
- When the client presents false probity in the rental requirements.
- In case of default by Budget Mexico, the refund will be applied at 100%.
Our rental vehicles may travel on land within Mexico without special permits, except Mexico City (please consult with Customer Service about the government issued ‘Tourist Pass’ that may or may not be required and License Plate/Day restrictions). Ferry transportation of our vehicles over Sea is strictly forbidden, even within Mexican territory.
All Customer Service queries will be responded to within 24 hours.
All problems should be directed to our Customer Service Department at the following email addresses:
- [email protected]
/ [email protected]
Customer service numbers:
From USA & Canada +1 800 801-0365 / From Mexico 800 002-8343